The Film Encyclopedia 7e: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry (Paperback)
Ephraim Katz's The Film Encyclopedia is the most comprehensive single-volume encyclopedia on film and is considered the undisputed bible of the film industry. Completely revised and updated, this seventh edition features more than 7,500 AZ entries on the artistic, technical, and commercial aspects of moviemaking, including:
- Directors, producers, actors, screenwriters, and cinematographers;
- Styles, genres, and schools of filmmaking;
- Motion picture studios and film centers;
- Film-related organizations and events;
- Industry jargon and technical terms;
- Inventions, inventors, and equipment;
- Plus comprehensive listings of academy awardwinning films
And artists, top-grossing films, and much more!
About the Author
Ephraim Katz was a writer, journalist, and filmmaker who devoted his life to gathering the information in The Film Encyclopedia. He was working on the second edition at the time of his death in 1992.
Praise for The Film Encyclopedia 7e: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry…
“Wow! What a book!”
“Recommended for any reference collection in need of a world view of film.”
“The best movie reference book, hands down.”