Other Books in Series
- #1: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #1: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Beat the Clock (Paperback): $5.39
- #2: Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book #2: Amelia Bedelia Unleashed (Paperback): $5.39
- #3: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #3: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Arise and Shine (Paperback): $5.39
- #4: Amelia Bedelia Goes Wild! (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #4) (Prebound): $16.80
- #5: Amelia Bedelia Shapes Up! (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #5) (Prebound): $16.80
- #7: Amelia Bedelia Sets Sail (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #7) (Prebound): $16.80
In the fifth book in the New York Times‒best-selling chapter book series about the childhood of America's favorite housekeeper, Amelia Bedelia takes to the field, the yoga mat, and the track, with hilarious results. Includes a guide to the idioms used in the book and features black-and-white art throughout. The Amelia Bedelia books have sold more than 35 million copies.
Amelia Bedelia's friends and classmates all have a particular sport that they love and are good at. Amelia Bedelia loves sports and games of all kinds, for different reasons. She has fun (and she loves to dribble and dunk and run home), but she is not the fastest or strongest or quickest at anything. Amelia Bedelia would love to have a sport to call her own—and so when her class at school studies the sports of ancient Greece, she goes on a mission to find one! With Amelia Bedelia, anything can happen—and it usually does. Short, fast-paced chapters, tons of friends and funny situations, and black-and-white illustrations by Lynne Avril on every page make the Amelia Bedelia chapter books an ideal choice for readers of the Ivy + Bean, Magic Tree House, and Judy Moody books.
About the Author
Herman Parish was in the fourth grade when his aunt, Peggy Parish, wrote the first book about Amelia Bedelia. The author lives in Princeton, New Jersey.
Lynne Avril has illustrated all the stories about young Amelia Bedelia. The artist lives in Phoenix, Arizona.