List Price: $16.00
Our Price: $12.80
(Save: $3.20 20%)
Not in Stock. Estimated Order Time 1-5 days.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the A Mitford Novel series.
- #1: At Home in Mitford: A Novel (A Mitford Novel #1) (Paperback): $13.60
- #2: A Light in the Window (A Mitford Novel #2) (Paperback): $12.80
- #3: These High, Green Hills (A Mitford Novel #3) (Paperback): $12.80
- #4: Out to Canaan (A Mitford Novel #4) (Paperback): $13.60
- #5: A New Song (A Mitford Novel #5) (Paperback): $12.80
- #6: A Common Life (A Mitford Novel #6) (Paperback): $12.80
- #7: In This Mountain (A Mitford Novel #7) (Paperback): $13.60
- #8: Shepherds Abiding (A Mitford Novel #8) (Paperback): $12.80
- #9: Light from Heaven (A Mitford Novel #9) (Paperback): $12.80
- #10: Home to Holly Springs (A Mitford Novel #10) (Paperback): $12.80
- #11: In the Company of Others (A Mitford Novel #11) (Paperback): $12.80
- #12: Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel (A Mitford Novel #12) (Paperback): $12.80
- #13: Come Rain or Come Shine (A Mitford Novel #13) (Paperback): $12.80
A NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
#1 New York Times-bestselling author Jan Karon returns with the fourteenth novel in the beloved Mitford series, featuring three generations of Kavanaghs.
Wounds heal, bonds grow stronger, and celebrations continue...Welcome back to beloved Mitford.
After twelve years of wrestling with the conflicts of retirement, Father Tim Kavanagh realizes he doesn't need a steady job to prove himself. Then he's given one. As for what it proves, heaven only knows.
Millions of Karon fans will be thrilled that it's life as usual in the wildly popular Mitford series: A beloved town character lands a front-page obituary, but who was it, exactly, who died? And what about the former mayor, born the year Lindbergh landed in Paris, who's still running for office? All this, of course, is but a feather on the wind compared to Muse editor J.C. Hogan's desperate attempts to find a cure for his marital woes. Will it be high-def TV or his pork-chop marinade? In fiction, as in real life, there are no guarantees.
Twenty minutes from Mitford at Meadowgate Farm, newlyweds Dooley and Lace Kavanagh face a crisis that devastates their bank account and impacts their family vet practice. But there is still a lot to celebrate, as their adopted son, Jack, looks forward to the most important day of his life--with great cooking, country music, and lots of people who love him. Happily, it will also be a day when the terrible wound in Dooley's biological family begins to heal because of a game--let's just call it a miracle--that breaks all the rules.
In To Be Where You Are, Jan Karon weaves together the richly comic and compelling lives of two Kavanagh families, and a cast of characters that readers around the world now love like kin.
About the Author
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of fourteen novels in the Mitford series, featuring Episcopal priest Father Tim Kavanagh. She has authored twelve other books, including Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader, and several titles for children. Jan lives in Virginia near the World Heritage site of Jefferson's Monticello.
Praise for To Be Where You Are
“Jan Karon says her goal is to give readers a safe place to go with her novels of Mitford, ‘the town that takes care of its own.’ She delivers on that promise…terrific.”—The Richmond Times Dispatch
“Jan Karon never disappoints...[she] satiates her fans’ craving for more Mitford with these stories of grace and compassion, all told with a dose of humor and humility.”—Bookpage
More Praise for Jan Karon
“Jan Karon reflects contemporary culture more fully than almost any other living novelist.”—Los Angeles Times
“The faster and more impersonal the world becomes, the more we need...Mitford.”—Cleveland Plain Dealer
“Welcome home Mitford fans...to Karon’s gift for illuminating the struggles that creep into everyday lives—along with a vividly imagined world.”—People