List Price: $16.00
Our Price: $12.80
(Save: $3.20 20%)
Not in Stock. Estimated Order Time 1-5 days.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the A Mitford Novel series.
- #1: At Home in Mitford: A Novel (A Mitford Novel #1) (Paperback): $13.60
- #2: A Light in the Window (A Mitford Novel #2) (Paperback): $12.80
- #3: These High, Green Hills (A Mitford Novel #3) (Paperback): $12.80
- #4: Out to Canaan (A Mitford Novel #4) (Paperback): $13.60
- #5: A New Song (A Mitford Novel #5) (Paperback): $12.80
- #6: A Common Life (A Mitford Novel #6) (Paperback): $12.80
- #7: In This Mountain (A Mitford Novel #7) (Paperback): $13.60
- #8: Shepherds Abiding (A Mitford Novel #8) (Paperback): $12.80
- #9: Light from Heaven (A Mitford Novel #9) (Paperback): $12.80
- #10: Home to Holly Springs (A Mitford Novel #10) (Paperback): $12.80
- #11: In the Company of Others (A Mitford Novel #11) (Paperback): $12.80
- #13: Come Rain or Come Shine (A Mitford Novel #13) (Paperback): $12.80
- #14: To Be Where You Are (A Mitford Novel #14) (Paperback): $12.80
#1 New York Times bestselling author Jan Karon welcomes you back home to Mitford in this inspirational novel that “hits the sweet spot at the intersection of your heart and your funny bone” (USA Today).
After five hectic years of retirement from Lord’s Chapel, Father Tim Kavanagh returns with his wife, Cynthia, from the land of his Irish ancestors. While he’s glad to be at home in Mitford, something is definitely missing from his life: a pulpit. But when he’s offered one, he decides he doesn’t want it.
For years, he believed he had a few answers. Now he has questions. How can he possibly help Dooley’s younger brother, Sammy, make it through the fallout of a disasterous childhood? Could doing a good deed for the town bookstore be the best thing for his befuddled spirit? And who was riding through town in a limo? Not Edith Mallory.
Then an editorial in the weekly Muse poses a question that sets the whole town looking for answers: Does Mitford still take care of its own?
About the Author
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of twenty-three books, including the Mitford novels, the Father Tim novels, a popular cookbook, and several books for children. She lives near Mr. Jefferson’s Monticello, a World Heritage site in central Virginia.
“The faster and more impersonal the world becomes, the more we need…Mitford.”—The Cleveland Plain Dealer
“Karon knits Mitford’s small-town characters and multiple storylines into a cozy sweater of a book…4/4 stars.”—USA Today
“Jan Karon reflects contemporary culture more fully than almost any other living novelist.”—Los Angeles Times
“Loyal fans of Karon’s Mitford novels and Father Tim will be delighted once again to spend time in this quintessential American village with its leading
citizen and his colorful coterie of friends, family, and dependent souls.”—Booklist
“With the homecoming of much-beloved characters and a few new additions, Karon’s latest provides a return to a setting readers have been clamoring to revisit. Longtime readers will not be disappointed by the author’s latest cozy redemption tale.”—Library Journal