The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on The Tempest, you follow the famous story of Prospero and his daughter Miranda. Through magic, Prospero conjures up a storm that brings a ship full of his enemies to the island on which he and Miranda live. What follows is Shakespeare's comic masterpiece that's full of intrigue and romance.
Summaries and commentaries lead you, act by act, through this Shakespearean classic, and critical essays give you insight into the play as a political romance. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of the main characters
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- A section on the life and background of William Shakespeare
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
About the Author
Sheri Metzger is an experienced author and lecturer who teaches regular and honors Literature and Composition classes at the University of New Mexico.