Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Bone (Prebound) series.
- #1: Out from Boneville (Bone (Prebound) #1) (Prebound): $24.50
- #2: The Great Cow Race (Bone (Prebound) #2) (Prebound): $25.85
- #3: Eyes of the Storm (Bone (Prebound) #3) (Prebound): $24.50
- #5: Rock Jaw: Master of the Eastern Border (Bone (Prebound) #5) (Prebound): $24.50
- #6: Bone 6: Old Man's Cave (Bone (Prebound) #6) (Prebound): $25.85
- #7: Ghost Circles (Bone (Prebound) #7) (Prebound): $25.85
- #9: Crown of Horns (Bone (Prebound) #9) (Prebound): $24.50
- #10: Bone 10: Rose (Bone (Prebound) #10) (Prebound): $25.85
If Walt Disney and Walt Kelly had teamed up to adapt Lord of the Rings,
it might look a little something like Jeff Smith’s Bone. What starts as
a simple and humorous tale about the foibles of the three Bone cousins
quickly blossoms into an epic tale of good versus evil, with the fate of
the idyllic Valley hanging in the balance. This is a great all ages
story that features gorgeous black and white art, and a grand, thrilling
narrative that will appeal to both kids and adults. If you like
fantasy, this is a must-read.
Fone Bone confronts a host of dangers in Book 4 of the BONE saga, The Dragonslayer. He and Gran'ma Ben and Thorn have a terrifying encounter with Kingdok, ruler of the rat creatures. The Hooded One is inciting his army to full-scale war. Someone is continuing to haunt Thorn in her dreams. And then wise Gran'ma Ben disappears. To make matters worse, Phoney Bone has hoodwinked the townspeople into believing that he is a mighty dragonslayer. When he actually does catch the Red Dragon -- much to his surprise -- he must face up to his promise: to slay the dragon at sunrise.