National Geographic The 21st Century: Photographs From the Image Collection (Hardcover)
List Price: $50.00
Our Price: $45.00
(Save: $5.00 10%)
On Our Shelves Now
The best photographs of the first 21 years of the 21st century take center stage in this incredible volume of National Geographic's world-famous imagery.
In just two short decades of the 21st century, National Geographic has ushered in a new era of visual storytelling excellence, including innovations in digital, drone, and smartphone photography, and reached out to a global audience through one of the world's most popular Instagram accounts, @NatGeo. In these 21 years, photography has transformed from a rarefied discipline to a universal medium of communication, available in the palm of everyone with a mobile phone. Through it all, National Geographic has remained at the forefront, shining a light on the beauty, wonder, and heartbreak of the world.
A remarkable collection, The 21st Century culls more than 250 of the very best, most impactful National Geographic images across print, digital, and social media, celebrating:
- Extraordinary wildlife
- Unique cultures around the world
- Beautiful landscapes
- One-of-a-kind portrait photography
- And behind-the-shot stories from celebrated National Geographic photographers like Joel Sartore, Nick Nichols, Jodi Cobb, Anand Varma, and Evgenia Arbugaeva.
Complete your National Geographic photography collection with best-selling favorites:
- America the Beautiful: A Story in Photographs
- Women: The National Geographic Image Collection
- National Geographic Rarely Seen: Photographs of the Extraordinary
- National Geographic The Photo Ark: One Man's Quest to Document the World's Animals
About the Author
One of the world's leading nonfiction publishers, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has published more than 1,700 titles, featuring such categories as history, travel, nature, photography, space, science, health, biography, and memoir. A portion of its proceeds is used to fund exploration, conservation, and education through ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.