From two-time Caldecott Winner author-illustrator Sophie Blackall!
If You Come to Earth is a glorious guide to our home planet, and a call for us to take care of both Earth and each other.
This stunning book is inspired by the thousands of children Sophie Blackall has met during her travels around the world in support of UNICEF and Save the Children.
• An engaging storybook about a single curious and imaginative child
• Simultaneously funny and touching
• Carries a clear message about the need to care for the earth and each other
If you come to Earth, there are a few things you need to know. . .
We live in all kinds of places.
In all kinds of homes.
In all kinds of families.
Each of us is different. But all of us are amazing.
And, together, we share one beautiful planet.
This masterful and moving picture book is a visually comprehensive guide to the earth, imbued with warmth and humor.
• Ideal for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• A great pick for teachers looking for a crowd-pleasing picture book about the world for little students
• Perfect for parents, grandparents, and caregivers
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Travel Book by Lonely Planet Kids, Atlas of Adventures by Rachel Williams, and If You Lived Here: Houses of the World by Giles Laroche.
About the Author
Sophie Blackall has illustrated many books, including the Ivy + Bean series, Ruby's Wish, and has twice won the Caldecott Medal. Originally from Australia, she now lives in Brooklyn, New York. Learn more about her at www.sophieblackall.com.
"The true delight of [If You Come to Earth] lies in its stunning illustrations. Each page features a dynamic, energetic composition, a wealth of precise detail arranged in unexpected ways. . . . Sweet, funny, moving, timely, and beautiful."-Horn Book Magazine, starred review
"[V]ivid, delicate, and precise, Blackall composes intricate spreads that express the vast diversity of the planet. . . As a two-time Caldecott winner, [she] is deservedly celebrated, and here she pairs her accomplished artwork with a story children will want to read and a message that resonates. [If You Come to Earth] is one to take your time with, savor, and share with others."-Booklist, starred review
"[E]xquisite . . . Magnificent . . . [D]azzling. . . . [If You Come to Earth] is a book that can be shared with strangers, visitors, friends old and new-a work in which differences build to reveal an inclusive human family on a single, precious planet."-Publishers Weekly, starred review
"To take care of one another and the Earth, we must truly see one another as unique and valued. . . . Throughout [If You Come to Earth], diverse people are distinctively, carefully portrayed, emphasizing representation and visibility. . . . Two-time Caldecott Medalist Blackall's rich illustration invites return visits to investigate all the small, and big, details they contain. . . . An introduction to Earth for children big and small who live in this galaxy, or beyond."-Kirkus Reviews