Wildsam Field Guides: New Orleans leads travelers into the most authentic experience of the one-of-a-kind Louisiana city, working closely with an eclectic team of trusted locals.
Contributors include journalists, chefs, jazz musicians, shop owners, historic preservationists, fishermen, politicians and artisans, among others. Topics in the handsome volume include jazz funerals, architecture, Creole cooking, neighborhood bars, cemeteries, cocktails, floods, ghosts and more.
- Original essays from Rien Fertel, L. Kasimu Harris, and Katy Reckdah
- A primer of the essential neighborhoods of New Orleans
- The best places to find beignets, fried chicken, gumbo, and more
- Seven spots around town to see the city's living legends of jazz, funk, brass and more
- A guide to the best places for live music in the city
- All of our favorite luxurious, history-steeped cocktail bars and dives