Skill Sharpeners Reading, Kindergarten provides activities for each letter of the alphabet.
The activity pages include listening for beginning sounds, matching words and pictures, cut-and-paste activities, sentence completion, and following directions.
Activities practice foundational reading skills such as:
- Phonological awareness
- Phonics and word analysis
Children also develop their fine motor skills by completing the fun activities.
- Listening for the Sound
- Cut and Paste
- Using Picture Clues
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching reading skills and vocabulary
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for analyzing texts
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, reading journals, and hands-on activities to help children connect their learning
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.