Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Core Teachings of Dalai Lama series.
- #1: An Introduction to Buddhism (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #1) (Paperback): $15.26
- #2: The Complete Foundation: The Systematic Approach to Training the Mind (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #2) (Paperback): $18.95
- #3: Where Buddhism Meets Neuroscience: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on the Spiritual and Scientific Views of Our Minds (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #3) (Paperback): $15.26
- #4: Perfecting Patience: Buddhist Techniques to Overcome Anger (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #4) (Paperback): $17.06
- #5: Stages of Meditation: The Buddhist Classic on Training the Mind (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #5) (Paperback): $15.26
- #8: Refining Gold: Stages in Buddhist Contemplative Practice (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #8) (Paperback): $16.16
When His Holiness the Dalai Lama gave a series of lectures at Harvard University, they fulfilled magnificently his intention of providing an in-depth introduction to Buddhist theory and practice. He structured the presentation according to the teachings of the Four Noble Truths and expanded their meaning to cover most of the topics of Tibetan Buddhism. The Dalai Lama’s combination of superb intellect, power of exposition, and practical implementation are evident in these lectures. He covers a broad spectrum of topics, including the psychology of cyclic existence, consciousness and karma, techniques for meditation, altruism, valuing enemies, wisdom, and much more.
This book was previously published under the title The Dalai Lama at Harvard.
About the Author
THE DALAI LAMA is considered the foremost Buddhist leader of our time. The exiled spiritual head of the Tibetan people, he is a Nobel Peace Laureate, a Congressional Gold Medal recipient, and a remarkable teacher and scholar who has authored over one hundred books.