A collection of the most special moments from throughout Giants history—from Y.A. Tittle to Phil Simms to Eli Manning!
With 32 playoff appearances under their belt, the New York football Giants comprise one of the oldest and most successful teams in pro football history. In Miracle Moments in New York Giants Football History, Newsday’s Tom Rock highlights the team’s greatest achievements over the course of its remarkable history. Some of the many moments Rock details include:
- Y.A. Tittle’s 7-touchdown performance, the best by a quarterback in team history
- Frank Gifford’s return to the field 18 months after a gruesome head injury forced him to retire
- Big Blue’s first Super Bowl win, led by Phil Simms
- Michael Strahan setting the league sack record in 2001
- The Giants’ Super Bowl victory over the unbeaten Patriots (including the epic David Tyree catch, cementing his place in history)
- The catch by Mario Manningham in Super Bowl XLVI
- And many more!
About the Author
Tom Rock is an award-winning sports journalist for Newsday in New York, where he has worked since 1996. He has covered the NFL since 2006 and the New York Giants since 2008. His articles have been cited in the 2005 edition of The Best American Sports Writing and recognized by the APSE (Associated Press Sports Editors), New York Press Club, Press Club of Long Island, and the New York City Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the author of the novel Game Seven. Rock lives in Sound Beach, New York, with his wife and three children.
“These are the stories behind the stories chronicling the amazing moments in the illustrious history of the New York Football Giants. And Tom Rock does it with his own unique twist ensuring that you can’t wait for the next chapter. For all Giants fans this is a MUST read!”
– Bob Papa, radio voice of the New York Giants since 1995
“When I first visited the Meadowlands, there was an air in the building unlike anything I’d experienced. Having the opportunity to join the Giants meant embracing a culture that demanded accountability and selflessness. It was all about the team, or as Coach Coughlin would say: ‘Team First, Team Last, Team Always!’ We were charged with upholding the standard of excellence. Everyone within the organization had a sense of ownership and learned from their respective roles in order to further the agenda, which was winning at the highest level. A lot goes into making the memories that we all celebrate, players and fans alike. Miracle Moments takes us on a journey to unpack those memories while capturing the essence of the proudest franchise in pro football.”
– Chris Canty, Giants Super Bowl XLVI Champion and co-host of "Humpty & Canty" on ESPN Radio