These are the rules of shopping at The Book Table during Covid:
- Mask up! We will continue to enforce this zealously, including making sure you're wearing your mask properly. Masks must be worn, and they must cover your nose, mouth, and chin at all times. If you are unable to wear a mask correctly, please use our curbside pickup service instead.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided at the station in our entryway.
- We request that everyone maintains 6 feet of distance between other customers and employees at all times. There will be floor markers near cash registers to help you with this, but please be mindful of this throughout the store.
- Payment by credit/debit or contactless methods are greatly preferred. If you have a card, please use it. We will accept cash only as needed.
- During peak hours, there may be times when we will have people wait outside to make sure there is adequate social distancing space inside.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who doesn't follow these rules.
In aid of the enforcement of these rules, please be understanding of our staff who may need to be a little bossier than usual. We'll try to be nice, but frankly, we've all gone a little feral from these months of isolation.
Some other changes you may notice: our public restrooms will not be public for the time being. There will be no chairs in the store encouraging folks to hang out. And work stations are set up in weird places to allow our staff to socially distance from each other.
And just because we're reopening doesn't mean you have to be ready to visit us. We will continue to offer contactless curbside pickup from our back door for those who prefer it, and we will continue to ship books to anyone who isn't ready to leave the house at all.
Can't wait to see your smiling...eyes!